Today our company has its annual cookie competition, and I am submitting these How the Grinch Stole Christmas cookies. The picture above shows the cookies I baked, and they were easy to make and fun to show off. Here is the recipe:
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Corn Starch
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Parchment Paper
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add powdered sugar and corn starch together in a loaf pan. Mix well.
- Mix the butter, cake mix, oil and eggs together. (the batter will be thick).
- Stir green food coloring.
- Using a small ice cream scoop get a chunk of dough then roll it into the powdered sugar/corn starch mixture.
- Pick up the dough and roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie balls 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until they puff up.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for several minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
I purchased the candy hearts that go on the cookies after they have cooled, but if you would like to make your own royal icing hearts that recipe is included in the link below.
Source: Simplistically Living
Candy hearts available for purchase HERE.